xemacs and tex

lapreste@le-eva.univ-bpclermont.fr writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I was using xemacs in conjunction with Latex in debian 1.2.
 >
 > I recently updated to 1.3 latex was replaced by Tetex distribution and xemacs
 > became 19.14.1.
 >
 > I have the problem that the tex-modes.el lisp file is now aged of years,
 > and do not recognize the latex2e format and display no menu on the menu bar.
 >
 > Do you know if there is an adaptation of the equivalemt emacs file (which
 > do not work with xemacs) that is more recent? Or must I try to adapt it ?
 >
 > [snip]
 >
 >    Jean Thierry Lapreste

Xemacs comes with a pretty recent auctex that recognized latex2e just
fine.  Did you separately install auctex?  Try removing your
tex-init.el and see what happens by default.  I'm running Xemacs
19.15p5 (compiled myself, since the debian package crashes on my
machine), and tex.el starts:

;;; tex.el --- Support for TeX documents.

;; Maintainer: Per Abrahamsen <auc-tex@sunsite.auc.dk>
;; Version: 9.7l

Hmm, I don't actually have tex-modes.el anywhere on my machine.  I
think you need a more recent auctex.  I can e-mail you more details if
needed.

--Norris

--
Norris Preyer			(541) 962-3310 (office)