trouble with MH

Hello,

I sent this message several days ago, but saw no responses so I'm
suspecting I mailed it improperly.  If the original message was posted,
then sorry for the double post.

The problem is that I get the following error message when I try to
send a message using MH:

    post: problem initializing server; [BHST] premature end-of-file on socket
    send: message not delivered to anyone

I feel its just a matter of configuration.  Any suggestions?