Mail problem

Hi,

I have problems with sending mails from my linux machine. Here is a
description of the circumstances:

System: 	Debian Linux 1.3
		Linux Kernel 2.1.29
		linuxm68k
		14 MB, 12 MB Swap

Mailprograms:	smail as mta
		mailx, elm or pine
		fetchmail as popclient

Short description of mailpath:

incoming Mail:   I get mail from pop.uni-mainz.de with fetchmail (using
		 pop3). Fetchmail delivers mail to my system via smtp,
		 smail distributes to the local recipients.

outgoing mail:	 if not online mail is stored in the mailqueue. Running a
		 "runq" it is delivered to goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de when I
		 go online. (goofy... is configured as smarthost in
		 smail).

my problem:	sending a mail with pine I have no problems. For a special
		purpose I need a mailer usable in scripts (-> no pine).
		Sending a mail with mailx or elm some (not all) mails
		don't reach their recipients (but I don't get bounces or
		error messages). The adresses are from aol or tu-berlin.

clue?		running mailq I sense significant differences in the
		queued mails:

queued mail sent from pine:

!-oem
!-f