lpr: unable to get official name for local machine

Help!

Ever since I upgrade to frozen(May 25) I am having all kinds of problems
with name resolution.  Lpr is one of them, when lpd starts I get the
following repeated 5 times in messages:

Jun  3 13:35:39 widget-servis lpd[374]: unable to get official name for local machine widget-servis

I connect to my isp via dialup and us slirp to emulate ppp so I gave my
machine a bogus name of widget-servis.

I didn't have any problems before with 1.2. Other problems include ppp, ping,
emacs, etc.  Basically anything that trys to do a name resolve when starting
or uses a name resolve.  I didn't change any of my hostname, resolve.conf,
hosts.* files during the upgrade.

Any pointers please!  I am stuck using minicom and zmodem to download
things.  It must me something simple but I just can't find it.

Thanks,
Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				   servis@ecn.purdue.edu