Re: seyon

> I've downloaded seyon recently, because I understand (perhaps
> incorrectly) that it provides a terminal emulator cum dialer for use in
> the X environment.

Did you download the debian package?  (there's one in non-free, if
I remember correctly).

> Having done so, how do I invoke it?  I tried seyon
> from within xterm, but it says "ksh: seyon: not found".  I did a "find /
> -type f -name seyon" on a regular (<ALT><F1>) shell as root, and it
> found only /usr/lib/menu/default/seyon.  I also tried "man seyon" but no
> man entry was found.  Anyone have a clue for me??  TIA.

man seyon works for me. So, you eighter have real problem with
your system installation[1], or you didn't install the debian
package, but tried one on your own. That should also work, but
if you want to start, the debian package is usually easier.

If you do install a debian package, and you really don't know
where to look for documentation, you can always try
  dpkg -L seyon
and you'll see a list of files in that package. Then you'll see
wat manual pages/other docs the package installes.

[1] Another possibility is that your debian package (if you installed
the debian package) is newer, and contains (many) bugs. My version is
seyon_2.14c-4, but there may well be much more recent versions out
(I don't upgrade non-free packages very often/at all).

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org