Re: xserver-vga16 and xserver-svga won't install

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> I'm having problems trying to install xserver-vga16 and xserver-svga packages.
> Everytime I get the following error:
> .../etc/X11/xdm/Xserver: No such file or directory
>
> Is it something special that has to be done with the dependecy packages.  I tried installing one package at a time, and still doesn't work.  Any clues of what I need to do?  Any one else having the same problem?

Have you installed xbase? You will need this package to install any of
the other x packages. It supplies the Xserver file the installation is
looking for. You can always find out who owns a given file by grepping the
Contents file for the file you are looking for.

Luck,

Dwarf