Re: Xwindows packages which one???

You just need to select one of the Xservers which are for different video
cards.  vga16 is for standard vga and is the default since it works on all
cards.  If you have an S3 card you would select the S3 Xserver instead.
Other than that the dependancies should mark the other needed packages.

You might also like to get a window manager like Afterstep.  This manages
the look and feel of the X environment.

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> I tried installing xbase, but it selects xserver-vga16 and xfonts as dependencies.  Do I need to install xbase by itself first and ignore the dependencies?
> I think I need more information. I'm new to linux...
> Alberto Ruiz
> aruiz@debian1.sssys.com
> >
> > Yes there is a specific order.
> > here is mine not the total list.
> > xlib6, xbase, xbooks, xpm, and so on the thing I install is the xserver-svga.
> > if you have questions on any of this or want more information please
> > email me.
> > Paul
> >

> --

--Rick