Re: New to Debian

On 11-May-97 Douglas L Stewart wrote:
>On Sat, 10 May 1997, W.D.McKinney wrote:
>
>> Anyone here just moved from Red Hat to Debian ?
>> Just signed up on the is list.
>
>I've used RedHat 2.x, 3.x, and 4.0, and I'm running Debian now.  What's
>your question?
>
>-douglas

I'm still using RHCL 4.1 and wondering about Debian. Does it use
packaging similiar to the rpm format ?
What file system structure does it follow ?
Is there a default x-window configuration similiar to RH ?
What if any GUI based utils come with the distribution ?

There's more but I am wondering what is the biggest draw
to Debian vs. Slasckware, Red Hat, etc., ?

Thanks

-Dee