Re: motherboard

On Fri, 9 May 1997, John Maheu wrote:

> I'm in the market for a new motherboard. I want to run a P100 and
> eventually a P166. Any suggestions? What about Gigabyte?

i've got a gigabyte 586-hx here. i'd have no hesitation in buying
another one.

nice fast board, good chipset.  6 simm sockets.

another good board is the Tyan Tomcat III (either single or dual
processor). I recently installed a single processor Tomcat in a big
squid cache machine because it had 8 simm sockets - 8x32M simms are a
lot cheaper than 4x64M :-) (and when 64M simms get cheap enough, it'll
get some more memory) . Costs a little more than the Gigabyte.

craig

--
craig sanders
networking consultant                  Available for casual or contract