Re: motherboard

On Fri, 9 May 1997, John Maheu wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I'm in the market for a new motherboard. I want to run a P100 and
> eventually a P166. Any suggestions? What about Gigabyte?
>
> thanks
> John

Hi John, I have a Gigabyte GA 586 ATE here.  I suppose it is kinda dated
now, being over a year old and all...;-)

The nicest thing I've found so far about this MB is the pnp bios.  It was
able to handle my pnp sound card without any fuss I see others go through.
I like the three banks for memory too.  Keep those old simms around a
little longer before trading in.

Rich M
joanarich@speedline.ca