Re: Downloading Debain

> I am interested in downloading Debian, but I am running into problems...
>
> I am running Windows NT 4 currently, and have tried to download from
> ftp.debain.org and ftp.cdrom.com.

I've successfully used WSFTP as a Windows FTP client to download from both
of these sites.  (Right now, I've got systems running Win95, WinNT4
(Server), and Debian GNU/Linux.  Contrary to what others say, I like them
all and use all of them every day.  They've all got strengths and
weaknesses....  But, I _wouldn't_ do without any one of them, either.)

You can get it from:
http://www.ipswitch.com
or Jumbo or TUCOWS of course.

Make sure you get:

/debian/stable/disks-i386/current/*

Follow the installation instructions in there to get going.  Every other
directory just contains optional components, etc, but the one you'll
primarily be interested in after the one above is:

/debian/stable/binary-i386/*

Get the Packages file and go through that for info on what's available.

Good luck,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst
Edmondson Roper CA