Re: problem ftpd

In article <Pine.BSI.3.95.970422135517.10234A-100000@members.icanect.net> you wrote:
> I can't login into my box the ftpd denies access to everyone! I check the
> files /etc/hosts.deny /etc/hosts.allow /etc/ftpd/ftpaccess and they are
> all fine! what else could it be? I am using wu-ftpd..

You probably used ftpshut. This program will create a "shutmsg"
file in the /etc/ftpd directory. If this file is present no users
can login. To solve the problem just remove the /etc/ftpd/shutmsg
file. The filename can be different if you modified your ftpd
configuration, just look for the "shutdown" keyword in the
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess file.

Thanks,

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de