Re: Things I miss from Slackware - Could I implement this in my Debian system?

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Martin Schulze wrote:

> >   2: Adjust the colors used. From what I remember, the Slackware used
> >      green on keywords, and white on err... filnames? (The colors
> >      aren't that important, but it _did_ improve readability.
>
> This is one problem which stops me from converting my server to
> Debian...  You can patch the terminfo database but I believe it is
> more difficult than editing /etc/termcap (which isn't used anymore).

 Terminfo is fine, is the console that should be configured to do so. Add
this to /etc/profile (or user's equivalent):

echo -ne \\033[1\;6]

 I think this kind of things should be included by default... but some
seem to think that the configuration should be minimal... (I don't
agree... A user with knowledge can change every configuration detail, but
new users are forced to live with ugly colors, no dir in the bash promptm
no support for LESSPIPE...)

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-
nick@feedback.com.ar