problem with pcmmdl20.deb!! incorrect dependencies?

Howdy,

I'm trying to reinstall Debian on my Toshiba Portable using a mirror on one of
our network servers. To do this I need PCMCIA facilities since my networkadaptor
is a PCMCIA card. What I did is:

* I first installed the base system using the regular set of disks I created.
* rebooted the computer
* I copied the pcmciacs.deb, pcmmdl20.deb, pcmsorc.deb and pcmmdl2z.deb packages
  to a floppy and tried to install them using:

   dpkg -i pcmciacs.deb
   dpkg -i pcmmdl20.deb
   dpkg -i pcmsorc.deb  (not really necessary I gues, but I did it anyway)

THIS USED TO WORK, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work anymore?  When I install
the pcmmdl20.dev package, dpkg complains about a missing prerequisit kernel-image-2.0.27
although that's exactly the kernel that is installed.  I even tried copying the
krnimg20.deb package and installing it but this does NOT make any difference.  dpkg
keeps complaining that the package is missing.  When I reboot my computer the I get
complaints from cardmgr about incorrect values in System.map (I don't remember the
exact message, but it's the same message you get when you recompile the kernel and
forget to recompile the modules).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks in advance,

Nico.

Nico De Ranter
Sony Objective Composer (SOCOM)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 17 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com