Re: pcmcia support, debian 1.2, NEC versa 6030H

> hi all,
>
> recently installed debian linux 1.2 on my NEC versa 6030H
>
> after installing the .deb for pcmcia-cs and pcmcia-modules-2.0.27 (my
> kernel, the default installed kernel, is 2.0.27 according to uname -a),
> the card stuff comes up at boot time but tells me, among other errors:

>    linux-2.0.27

I am currently looking at the PCMCIA How-to and it says:

  If insmod reports ``wrong version'' errors, it means that the module
  was compiled for a different kernel version than your system is
  actually running.  This might occur if modules compiled on one machine
  are copied to another machine with a different configuration, or if
  the kernel is reconfigured after PCMCIA is installed.

  Another source of module loading errors is when the modules and kernel
  were compiled with different settings of CONFIG_MODVERSIONS.  If a
  module with version checking is loaded against a kernel without
  version checking, insmod will complain about undefined symbols.

> Any suggestions, short of grabbing the pcmcia source and building
> it myself?
>
> I do believe I have correctly loaded the kernel-2.0.27 package, although
> I may be wrong.
>
> Anyone know if this is fixed in 1.3?  If so, and the "late april"
> release for such will be on time, I'll just wait.
>
> thanks,
> danno
>
> dan pritts
> Unix System Admin      First Virtual Holdings, Inc.
> danno@fv.com           313-213-3791
>

> --

Hope this helps

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

Rob MacWilliams   robmacw@cl-sys.com
N9NPU