Re: netscape won't use disk cache?! (Solution)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> I've got similar problems. I have Netscape 4.0b3 and disk cache doesn't
> seems to work : the cache directory is empty, the index.db file is also
> created...
> Cheers,

I supposed you missed the solution, or it was not clearly posted :

I had to select 'clear disk cache now' in the option/network menu.
Now it works fine.

I suppose I still had a cache directory from a previous version, and that
netscape was unable to cope with it. Or I erased it with rm -r and that
trashed the database. Anyway, it should have complained !!

I hope this will help you.

Alexandre