Re: netscape won't use disk cache?!

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Brian White wrote:

> > Some details:
> > Debian 1.2 (based on Infomagic Dec'96, various upgrades)
> > netscape_3.01-4.deb used as installer for:
> > netscape-v301-export.x86-unknown-linux-elf.tar.gz
> >
> > It's configured (under options etc) to use disk cache; it creates the
> > directory ~/.netscape/cache if necessary, and the file index.db;
> > there _is_ free space on the disk ...
> > But no other files ever appear in the cache directory, and pages are not
> > cached between sessions.

I've got similar problems. I have Netscape 4.0b3 and disk cache doesn't
seems to work : the cache directory is empty, the index.db file is also
created...
Cheers,

-- Serge Stinckwich                       Debian GNU 1.2
---GREYC - Unité Propre de l'Enseignement Supérieur Associée au CNRS 6072 ---
    Groupe de Recherche en Informatique, Image, Instrumentation de Caen