QPOPPER Will Not Work

 Well I spent most of the evening trying to get qpopper to work.   (The
current package).

 First it complains that it cannot write to /var/spool/pop.

 So I make var/spool/pop writeable by all (hardly seems desirable).

 Then it complains that the password is wrong. Or that the lock file is
still there.   In fact everytime it leaves var/spool/pop/dbrady.pop there
and I have to delete it manually to try again  - even when it claims the
problem was the password.

 Frustrating!

 Any help would be appreciated.

 Thanks,