Re: Problem with apache and includes

Chad D. Zimmerman
chad@dabcc-www.nmsu.edu
http://dabcc-www.nmsu.edu/~chad/

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Andree Leidenfrost wrote:

> I have apache-1.1.3-6 up and running on an otherwise basically
> Debian-1.2.9 system. Everything is running fine so far, the only real
> problem is that server includes are not working. Maybe it is worth
> mentioning that the machine was in fact updated from an older Slackware
> distribution recently (where server includes used to work) and I decided
> to also change the http server from CERN to Apache.
>
> Ok, what I would like is that lines like the following work again (as
> they did before with the CERN server):
>
> <!--#exec cmd="echo `hostcount -i  $REMOTE_HOST -t ''`"-->
>
> I understand that server includes are turned off in the standard
> access.conf file. Consequently I turned 'Includes' globally for the
> whole document root:
>

> <Directory /home/www-data/webspace>
>
> Options Includes
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> AllowOverride None
> order allow,deny
> allow from all
>
> </Directory>

No wonder... this isn't for server side includes.. Includes ARE turned on
by default.  It is the .html extension, it is called out by default
.shtml3 I think.. it is in one of the .conf files.. for get which right
now though.  Eirther use the name that is called out there, or go edit it
like I did so that it is .html

Chad