Re: What do I do: forwarded message from Cron Daemon

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  I've been getting this from cron every day.  What is wrong, and how
> do I fix it?  TIA

> Subject: Cron <root@bittersweet> run-parts /etc/cron.daily
> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:43:38 -0700
> From: root (Cron Daemon)
> To: root
>
> shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories

Most likely some package you de-installed left it's cron job hanging
around. This sort of message (not in the context here albeit) has
most often occured with me when I was in a directory (in a bash
session) and I deleted the directory I was in. You'll have to look
in the cron job files to see where the failure occurs:

 /var/spool/cron/crontabs/

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com