Re: Fatal Error Message During My Linux 1.2 Installation

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:23:08 -1000 David & Melody Bohn (kas@maui.net)
wrote:

> Why do I keep getting a "Fatal Error: Cannot seek on disk
> drive" message during the "Partition The Hard Drive" portion of the
> installation of Debian version 1.2.  When I "View the Partition Table"
> this is the configuration of my Pentium200:

[snip]

The old version of cfdisk is completely broken for disks >2GB.
Don't use it, or it will *break* your partition table.
Use fdisk.
Or upgrade to util-linux 2.5-10.

Phil.