Re: Mounting a floppy

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:34:16 EDT Matthew Tebbens (matthew@micrus-pop.f
ishkill.ibm.com) wrote:

> What would be the best way to mount a floppy drive and have it
> readable and/or writable by ONLY 2 users ?
> I notice that after I mount the floppy I can't change the mode to
> have it readable by a group. I'm probably doing something wrong,
> or not understanding something..

Here it is: man mount.
Explained a little further:
add a line like this in /etc/fstab:
  /dev/fd0 /floppy msdos rw,uid=0,gid=25,noauto,user,umask=007

Now everyone can mount and umount the floppy, but only the users belonging to group floppy (GID 25) will be able to read and write it (this what the umask command does).

Phil.