Re: Do teTeX packages work well?

Andreas Tille writes:
 > On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Mark Phillips wrote:
 >
 > > I notice there are several teTeX packages available.  Have many people
 > > tried them?  Are there any problems with the packages or are they
 > > stable enough for me to install them and be confident things are
 > > going to work properly?
 > While installing it is a little bit hard to remove the remainder of
 > the older installed TeX packages.  (I had to edit some removal script
 > of the old packages but it was no problem in the end.)
 >
 > TeTeX works very good and I'm very happy about the change to TeTeX.
 >
 > > Is the teTeX distribution complete, or is it missing a few things?
 > Nothing is missing.
 >
 > Thanks for the developers to include TeTeX into Debian.

 Has anyone else tried NTeX at all?  I have that installed here; I
chose it because it comes with more documentation than teTeX did.  The
installer is Debian compatible; it even provides the right packages
for things that depend on them.

 I'm a LaTeX newbie, so cannot make a very good judgement about which
distribution works better.  The main thing I noticed was that NTeX
seemed to have a lot more documentation along with it than teTeX.
I've got Knuth's TeXbook in TeX now; that comes with NTeX, along with
some other books in markup form.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg