Re: update-menus

> > I notice that many of the packages tell you that you can run a config
> > program (gpmconfig, apacheconfig, smailconfig) at a later time to change
> > things. Shouldn't these be added to menus as part of the install? That way
> > root could run pdmenu and easily get to a submenu of config tools. Where
> > user config is allowed, it would be placed on their menus, too.
> >
> > For now, I am trying to build a list of such config commands as I
> > encounter them.

That's a good idea (nice to see you're using my pdmenu program, btw :-)

I'm cc'ing this to Joost, since he handles the menu package. Joost, I think
this submenu for configuration scripts should be called Apps/System/Admin
The only thing that installs an entry in there right now is taper, but I
think it is a good name for a menu of things the sysadmin can use, which
should include these *config scripts. Also, it might be useful to add
something to the README saying that the *config scripts need to go in the
menus.

--
See shy Jo.