Re: Re[2]: SB cfg problem - need docs

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997 David_Oswald@prenhall.com wrote:

> >      Hello all...
> >
> >         I recently acquired a Sound Blaster 16 card for my debian box. I
> >      have seen the card working in a windows machine w/ an ide disk.
> >
> >         After plugging it in and powering up, the card obviously conflicts
> >      with the adaptec 1542c controller. The machine will not boot.
> >
> >         Unfortunately, the donor of the card has no configuration
> >      documentation for the SB16 and I need a little help.
> >
> >      Does anybody out there know of a site that contains information for
> >      the jumpers and configs for this SB16 card?
> >
> >      thanks in advance...
> >
> Try Creative Labs' web site: http://www.creativelabs.com/
>
> Hope this helps,
> Luis.
> --
> Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
> PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76

If you are using bash 2.0, you may need to modify the default kernel
source to allow you to compile a kernel including SB support.  Bash 2.0 is
more demanding: regular expressions which worked under earlier versions
break.  The fix is to put in additional slashes in two regexps : someone
else on the list should be able to tell you exactly where: I nuked my hard
disk so haven't got the reply they sent me (and, yes, I think it has now
been reported as a bug).

Andrew Martin Adrian Cater (Andy) +44 1242 672705 amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk