Re: RPM

Bruce,

> I would like to see a proposal for reduced-privilege installation using
> dpkg/dselect.  Feel free to write one and make a test implementation.

	This is a wonderful idea.  The convenience and dependency
management of dpkg with the reliability, security, tolerance, and flexibility
of traditional package management would be the better of both worlds.

	I added this to my list of projects to do.  If someone else
doesn't do it before I finish other projects, a friend and I will.  In the
meantime, I and a friend would be interested in hearing from others
interested (please mail direct rather than use the list bandwidth).  Can you
suggest any design documents for dpkg (in addition to the source and the
/usr/doc/* files).

						Thank you,
--
						Robert Meier

FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.	Internet: meierrj@frc.com
Voice: 1-810-377-7469			Fax:      1-810-377-7363