Re: xplaycd & cddb

Richard Sharman
===============

>I'm not familiar with Xplaycd but a couple of things struck me
>as possible problems.
>
>1. Did you "xrdb" your .Xresources file after the change?

Yes I did.

>2. Are you sure that xplaycd understands the "~" notation?

No I am not shure about it.

>   Try putting the full path name in and see if that makes a
>   difference.  I mean, something likle
>	xplaycd*cddb:	/home/pedo/cddb
>   (Just guessing at your home directory!)

You have guessed right. I already tried /home/pedro/cddb

>3. Check the resource name is "xplaycd" (and not, for example,
>   "Xplaycd" or "XPlaycd".  (It it's not in the man page, many window
>    managers support an "info" command to give a brief description of
>    things like resource names.  If not,  you may be able to use
>    something like xlsclients to find it.)

I have tried (after your message)

xplaycd*cddb:	/home/pedro/cddb
XPlaycd*cddb:	/home/pedro/cddb
Xplaycd*cddb:	/home/pedro/cddb

And I have seted in the app-defaults/XPlaycd file

*cddb /home/pedro/cddb

One thing that I already tried and maybe can explain (or not) the
problem it is the following

i)I have putted in my .Xresource file the line

xplaycd*title Title

ii)then I did xrdb ~/.Xresourced

iii)then I call xplaycd

What happens is: the xplaycd window appears first with the title
"Title" but then it change again for (the default!?) "XPlaycd".

???

> > Can you help me?
>
>Probably not!

But You can always try 8-). Many many thanks for your help.

--
	At\'e breve

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida
Departamento de Matem\'atica