Backup procedure

Hi,

backups!!! Backups have always been a mistery to me, a pain I should say.
However, I realize the importance of backups.

I am looking for a backup procedure to implement here at my company. We
have a couple of Novell servers, several Linux boxes (two of them are
production servers very important to our Information Technology structure)
and an H-P 9000 server running HP-UX. Each server has a dedictaed tape unit
attached (DDS, aka DAT.)

Right now we are making full backups from Monday to Friday so we can go
back only five days. We are not taking tapes off-site either.

I want to know about rotation methods (I've heard about
Granfather-Father-Son, 10 tape, Hanoi Towers but the information is not
clear), when to take tapes off-site, Debian backup utilities, etc.

Any URL will be appreciated. I am search Yahoo right now but without luck
so far.

Thanks in advance,

Eloy.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department

"Where does this path lead?" said Alice
"Depends on where you want to go."  Said the cat
("Alice in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.)