Re: Finding files not present (challenge to your intelligence)

On Mar 28, Kai Grossjohann wrote
: >>>>> Eloy A Paris writes:
:
:   Eloy> I was given a text file containing one file name (no full path
:   Eloy> name) per line. My task consists of searching the entire
:   Eloy> filesystem and generate a list of the files that are NOT
:   Eloy> present.
:
: updatedb generates a database of all file names on the system.  (It
: only runs for a few minutes for my system.)

Not of all files.  Of files searchable by `nobody.nogroup'.

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92