Re: How to uninitialise partition?

If your old drive was for DOS, does DOS see the partition anymore?  For
example, is there still a C: but it's unreadable (Invalid Media), or is
there just no C:?  I've accidently been in a fdisk (I think it was linux)
and deleted one of my DOS partitions on accident, and got REALLY lucky
because I booted off a DOS bootdisk and ran fdisk and re-created the
partition of exactly the same size before and all my files (FAT and all)
were still there.  I ran scandisk and lost 4096 (one block) somewhere, but
I just disregarded it and counted my lucky stars.

If there is a C: (all this time assuming you old files were on C:) and it
says "Invalid Media" or something like that, try UNFORMAT.EXE - maybe you
were lucky and there was a image on the disk (a duplicate of the FAT
table) that's still there (I know that lately some programs make a
duplication of the fat table - Win95's command.com does I think.  How do I
know?  One time I was using partition magic and it said that my duplicate
FAT had inconstancies with my real one.  Weird..)  Anyway, I'm not sure
exactly how far linux's 'initialization' process goes...  Just some things
to try..