Re: Security Packages

There is a program that probes a machine quite extensively for security
holes (from what I hear from trusted sources).  It is called SATAN
(security analysis tool for auditing networks) Here is a few url's to get
you going...

http://www.interaus.net/1995/6/satan.html
http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/bulletins/f-20.shtml
http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9125110/satan.html

I don't believe it is a debian package, someone feel free to prove me
wrong because I truly don't know.

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Ken Gaugler wrote:

> Seems like there used to be a COPS package, or something similar,
> that did a fairly automated security audit of one's Linux system.
>
> Can't seem to find or recollect what it was.  Anyone know of a
> program to do this?  Is it a Debian package?
>
> Thanx!
>
> --
> Ken Gaugler  N6OSK  Santa Clara, California
> email: keng@wco.com  URL: http://www.wco.com/~keng
> "The life of a Repo Man is always INTENSE..."

|          dpk            |                                     |
| DECS, Systems Undergrad |  It is better for them to think you |
===========================  a fool, than to open your mouth    |
| work: 353.8892          |  and prove it.          -Mark Twain |
| page: 253.0724          |                                     |