Connection closed by foreign host.

I have a problem that I havent been able to fix.

Since I upgraded everything from 1.2 to 1.2.7 I havent been able to telnet
into my machine.  I have tried everything from deleting host.allow and
hosts.deny and then touching them to installing the new netstd and nothing
seems to help.  I cant rlogin either but I do get mail along with other
services.  What happens exactally is I try to telnet in and I get

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I have tried telneting in from off machine but that dosent make any difference
either.

Can anyone help?

Jason Killen                            Question Stupidity
Monolith : driven by inner daemons      RPS : better living through world
jkillen@tinuviel.cs.wcu.edu                domination