Re: Security Packages

dpk writes:

> There is a program that probes a machine quite extensively for security
> holes (from what I hear from trusted sources).  It is called SATAN
> (security analysis tool for auditing networks) Here is a few url's to get
> you going...
>
> http://www.interaus.net/1995/6/satan.html
> http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/bulletins/f-20.shtml
> http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9125110/satan.html
>
> I don't believe it is a debian package, someone feel free to prove me
> wrong because I truly don't know.

I have a Debianized SATAN on my to-do list, but in its present release
it's next to unusable.  I spent several weeks working with SATAN's
developers and gave up.  However, they are working on a SATAN 1.2 which
should be Linux-friendly.

--
Karl Sackett                                           krs@caos.aamu.edu

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form
of tyranny over the mind of man." -- Thomas Jefferson