Re: Security Issue

Matthew

You could use chattr to make the file immutable. It is documented as
chattr(1). Also see lsattr(1).

-- David

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Matthew Tebbens wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is normal, but it seems that any file owned by
> someone else and in one of my directories can be deleted by me even
> if I don't have the proper permissions to do so. I also can rename the
> file, but I can't alter the file. This holds true even if the file
> is owned by root.
>
> Is this normal ?
>
> If so, what things can I do to someone elses file thats in one of my
> directories , just delete or rename the file ?
>
> As root, what if I want to keep a file in someones directory without them
> deleteing it ?  As I see it now, that can't be done ?!?!?
>
> Matthew

           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper
National Security Council explosion Treasury terrorist Delta Force bomb Iran
Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil