Re: Dialing into a Windows NT PPP server?

On This Day, In The Year of Our Lord 15 Mar 97, 10:23
  "Dialing into a Windows NT PPP serve" By Bruce Perens:

> I would suggest you dial in using "minicom" and see if the PPP
> server starts up right away (you'll see garbage with "}" characters)
> or if it does some sort of human-readable handshake first. The
> general PPP chat script using "login:" and "passwd:" is probably
> wrong, and you will have to edit the chat script to remove that
> stuff.

  I have tried that to see what was it that the script needed to
'expect' in order to start the connection process.  Unfortunately
nothing appears.  Apparently Windows '95 initiates the 'talk' with
Windows NT (I did not find out this information from our NT
administrators, but from a Linux user.  The administrators were
rather clueless giving me a "with windows 95 it connects, doesn't
it?"..*sigh* microsoft certified people...).
  Anyway, to answer your question, Uwe Thiem on the Linux-PPP mailing
list answered me by saying:

On This Day, In The Year of Our Lord 15 Mar 97, 18:12
  "Re: Dialing In a Windows NT server" By Uwe Thiem:

> You don't need a login prompt. Await nothing in the script after
> CONNECT. Then just start PAP, CHAP or MS-CHAP. Whatever they use.

So this is what I'll try and we'll see what happens. =)
Thank you everyone for all your help.

  Leandro+
___
Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro (LA672)
(leandro@ifront.com)

 Any of the opinions I may have stated in the above message
 are just mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the
 Internet Frontier, Gamesmania or anyone else I may work for.

ZimID  46B98555 1993/12/15  0D 6E 96 68 D6 B3 9A 96  20 ED 1F AF 11 46 13 79