Re: HPLaserJet serie II: anomaly on first printed line in text mode

Jean-Paul Lacharme <lacharme@ehess.cnrs-mrs.fr> writes:

> Hi,
> I configured a HPLaserJet Serie II printer in text mode. My /etc/printcap
> entry is :

I have an HPLJ II which was configured using magicfilter and works
just fine. The good thing about magicfilter (and apsfilter) is that
the set up filters for lots of different files. However, if you just
want to print text, here's what's in /etc/printcap...

lp|lj|hplj2|HP Laserjet 2P:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/usr/sbin/ljet2p-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

And the text portion of magicfilter is...

# Default entry -- for normal (text) files.  MUST BE LAST.
default                 cat     \eE\e&k2G\e(0N  \eE

I strongly suggest installing magicfilter, though.

Hope that helps,

Graeme

--
| Graeme A Stewart, pgp public key  finger graeme@ariel.igeofcu.unam.mx	|
|  Key fingerprint =  AF C7 BF A4 52 D5 3C 3B  17 A5 62 43 DA 15 E8 97  |