Re: PLIP setup?

> I'm trying to configure a PLIP connection between two machines, but I'm
> having some problems...
>
> I get a pair or error messages when I try to configure the plip interface
> using ifconfig:
>
> SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
> SIOCSIFDSTADDR: No such device
>
> The two machines are both running Debian. Both produce the same error
> messages. I've tried plip and plip[0-2] for interface names. No luck.

I used 'plip1' for the normal printer port (lpt1 for dos)

> It looks as if the PLIP device is not compiled into the kernel. I don't
> get any message regarding PLIP when I boot, but I _know_ I have PLIP
> compiled into the kernel. I've tried building a new kernel a couple of
> times and made sure to compile PLIP in. A grep of my .config file shows
> the CONFIG_PLIP=y line.
>
> The system does notice lp1 and lp2 at boot, but says (polling) instead of
> using an IRQ.

You can't include PLIP and the printer driver together

--

	Spineux Alain

  Spineux Alain				E-MAIL : spineux@prm.ucl.ac.be
  INSTITUT STEVIN
  Catholic University of Louvain	FAX    : 32-10-472501
  PLACE DU LEVANT 2			PHONE  : 32-10-472516
  B-1348 LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE (BELGIUM)