RE: Current rescue disk will not boot a Thinkpad 365X

Even though you may utilize the Debian 1.1 floppy set to start out, it
doesn't mean that you can't do "an unstable install."  Use the floppies and then
point dselect at whatever Debian version you have/or are interested in.  It
worked fine for me to go right from the 1.1 base install to 1.2.  That's the
beauty of Debian.

HTH,
Paul

On 23-Feb-97 Rob Browning wrote:
>>I tried to install Debian on a friend's Thinkpad 365X, and it gets to
>the Loading.... stage and then locks up.  I've tried the
>"floppy=thinkpad" option at the boot prompt with no effect.
>
>I found someone else had asked about this on the list, and there was
>no definitive answer.  Also there were a number of questions on usenet
>about this.  The only solution mentioned was to use the Debian-1.1,
>Slackware, or RedHat boot disks, but I wanted to do an unstable
>install.  Any other ideas?
>
>Thanks
>--
>Rob
>
>--

Paul Rightley                     DX-3 Hydrodynamics, MS P940
Los Alamos National Laboratory    Los Alamos, NM 87545
Phone: (505)667-0460              Fax: (505)665-3359
Email: Paul Rightley <pright@lanl.gov>