From stable to unstable, your advise needed

Hi all,

I finally decided to jump from stable to unstable. I pointed dselect to
unstable and as a result I was faced with an enormous number of new and
updated packages.

Among the updated packages were e.g. bash 2.0 that's known to break at least
some of the scripts that work with the older 1.14 version.

Is there something I should know or keep my eye on during this jump? For
example, is it wise to install the new bash straight ahead or should I put it
on hold instead and install it after all the other packages?

I think I'll just go for it on Tuesday night (about 40 hours from now) and I
would be very grateful for any feedback before that.

Thanks in advance.

PS. When I pointed dselect back to stable all the new packages are still
hanging there. Is this a bug or a feature? Otherwise things are back to
normal, no updated packages are shown anymore.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland