perl scripts to ping mirrors

Sorry to bring this to the list, but I remember a post which came up in
the last couple of months about someone working on perl scripts to ping
mirrors which have debian, and output results.

I've begun to cram perl info into my mind(read that "learn"), and would
appreciate seeing what this person has so far to compare to.

I've done a scan of the archives to no avail, and a Dejanews search too.

Rich M
qnc496@durhamnews.net