Re: debian-newbie list

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Susan G. Kleinmann wrote:

> Related idea:
> I'm thinking about working on the FAQ this weekend, and one thing I'd
> like to do is to break it up into at least two parts:
> --one which is general, and
> --one which focusses only on dselect and dpkg.
> Of course, we could break it up further.  For example, we could have
> --an FAQ on installation and booting, and
> --an FAQ on using the Debian archives.
> --an FAQ on other Debian utilities or Debian practices.

I think you should combine the dselect and dpkg faq with the faq on using
the debian archives, and also throw in a little bit about networking and
ppp (pointing them in the right direction for their particular networking
setup), so that it'll be a really good resource for beginners (like me).
That way they'll have all the info they need to get started in one place.

Daniel Robbins
School of Medicine Computer Services
University of New Mexico