Re: X aborts

Thanks to Philippe Troin and others for the solution to my problem where
startx created a window which then aborted and returned the screen to
text mode.

Solution: add the line /usr/X11R6/lib
          to /etc/ld.so.conf
          then rerun ldconfig

All was then well. The mouse problem where the mouse cursor would only move
vertically was a separate problem, essentially mechanical. Cleaning the mouse
droppings from the mouse's running gear cured that.

Regards, Richard