Re: Best Debian CD?

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Richard G. Roberto wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Robin Rowe wrote:
>
> > Hi. How do I find out what Debian CD-ROM's are available? Is there an
> > article somewhere that comparitively rates them?
>
> This is a good question.  I'm looking for a 1.2.x cd as well,
> but I need it to look decent.  It can't be "disk 26 of the 43 cd
> internet bonanza!!" and it can't be a gold CDR with Debian
> scribbled on it in black marker.  I need to be able to show it to
> other people (like my boss) ;-)  Does anyone know of a CD for
> sale that looks presentable (i.e. has an actual screened or
> printed face)?

I have avoided doing this on my CDs for technical reasons. I have been
concerned that a label might interfere with the proper spinning of the CD.
My blank CD supplier has a device he claims will properly center the label
to avoid these problems, so, if it will sell more CDs, or present a more
professional face, I would be happy to begin using pre-printed labels. My
other concern is that the label might come loose and gum up the drive. It
would be more reliable if I could find some mylar labels.

Any ideas?

Dwarf