Re: How much space does a Debian mirror take?

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95.970109203357.3188C-100000@blunier>,
Mark W. Blunier <blunier@prairienet.org> wrote:
> ISDN is 64.  T1 is a monster, and if you can't get ISDN, Its extremely
> unlikely that you could get one.

Actually T1 is a much more available and mature (and reliable) transport
than ISDN.  But, not cheap at 1.536Mbps.

> > All the ISPs seem to support only WFW3.11/95/Mac/NT
> >   and not Linux.
> Depends on what you mean by support.  If you mean when you tell them
> you are using Linux, they can tell you how to set up your chatscript,
> then no, they usually don't support it.  On the other hand, if it can
> run MS products, you should be able to set up Linux whithout to much
> of a problem.

It's true -- PPP is PPP, and anything that supports it will work.  I have
people dialing up with Linux, SunOS, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, MacOS with
MacPPP, MacOS with OTPPP, and dedicated routers from several vendors.
It's all the same.  That's why we have protocols.
--
Shields, CrossLink.