Re: How much space does a Debian mirror take?

Hi,

  Many thanks to all the nice people who have replied to my question.

  Regarding high speed connection,  I've called my telco (GTE) about
  getting an ISDN line into my home and the response was not available.
  The GTE sale rep/operator said that ISDN is only available to business
  establishments only.

  Secondly, how much faster can I see between the 28.8 modem, ISDN,
  T1, T2 , etc.  I'd also want to know what should I need from the
  ISP in order to setup the connection between my Debian/Linux box
  to the ISP.  All the ISPs seem to support only WFW3.11/95/Mac/NT
  and not Linux.

  Also,  how much faster if the the connection is PPP vs. SLIP or CSLIP?

  Again,  Thank you very much to all in Debian-user group.  I know
  that I get help from this group a lot faster and more accurate than
  from the PAID software houses I've dealt with. :)

Richard Morin wrote:
:>
:> On Wed, 08 Jan 1997 09:38:13 CST Timothy Phan (tphan@asl.dl.nec.com)