Re: A proposal to improve dselect

    Hamish>   Pressing / and entering the same search just takes you
    Hamish> back to the first result again. This is counter-intuitive
    Hamish> for users of vi, less etc. Lynx uses "n" to repeat a
    Hamish> search but dselect doesn't use that either.

 I thought the same thing.  It should work like 'less' does.  And have
{C-s} and {C-M-s} incremental searching like Emacsen do as well,
perhaps.

    Hamish> We should certainly not force a particular editor down
    Hamish> anyone's throat, especially emacs :-)

 Maybe 'dselect' could have a 'viper' (vi emulator) built into it
too...  Or, more realisticly, dual bindings/modes like BASH and other
'libreadline.so' programs have...  Set an environment variable?

    Hamish> hamish (vi fan)

-- Yet another Emacs fanatic. (go supercite! yeah.)
   __ _                    Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg
 / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          Portland, OR, USA
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <   Proudly running Linux 2.0.27 transname
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\     and Debian GNU public software!