Re: mta suggestions?

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I'm pretty clueless when it comes to unix mail systems, so perhaps
> someone can help me out. I need to have aliases on the system
> that are the same username, but a different domain, eg
> orders@x.com, orders@y.org. The difficult part is that I need these
> two to be sent to different domains. I posted to comp.mail.smail about
> it, but received only one "me too" message; everybody else seems to
> be more interesting in arguing smail vs sendmail vs qmail vs exim.

I can tell you that one of our production machines (a DEC box running
Ultrix) has "IDA Sendmail 5.65/IDA-1.2.8" running on it.  I believe we
kept the old bugger because it had the IDA sendmail, which allowed us to
redirect email based on machine names (and therefore domain names) rather
than just usernames.

I assume you're expecting to have two different email addresses which both
have the same username, and wish to redirect them to a given destination
or mailbox, right?  If you don't expect non-unique email addresses, I'd
bet you could work with any of the regular mtas.

  --Pete