qmail, was RE: mta suggestions?

Hamish Moffatt writes:

[SNIP - Virtual Domains Config question]

 > Can anyone suggest a way to do this? Either another MTA (eg sendmail),
 > or how to do it with smail? I'd prefer to stick with smail as possible,
 > since I understand it to some extent, and have UUCP working with that
 > already.

Hi,

Give qmail a try. It's flexible and very simple to configure. Also, it is very
fast (can handle more than 200K/day mail messages without problems) and isn't
likely to have sendmail's security problems.

In fact, I think qmail handles all debian lists. I don't remember the official
site url, but you can get there from http://www.qmail.org

Good luck,

Adriano