Re: upgrade from 1.1 -> 1.2, some minor problems

I didn't see any follow-ups on this one so here I go...

[Klippa, klapp, kluppit]

> 4) In the configuration mode of dselect, I needed to use the 'Z'
>    parameter to move to the background and examine configuration
>    files.  The first package I tried this on was 'xntp'.  After I was
>    finished I typed 'fg' and the system got really confused.  This
>    never happened to me before!  I basically had to start all over
>    with the configuration phase.
>
>    I got around this problem by using another console window to look
>    at configuration files.  I didn't trust the 'fg' command anymore.

I got bitten by this one too.

[Klippa, klapp, kluppit]

Additionaly I've noticed that telinit -t 20 0 (as root) in an xterm sometimes
doesn't wait the specified 20 seconds.

Just anoying, except for the time directly after the upgrade, when the machine
locked up: red button time!

> | James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
> | Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
> | Research Reactors Division      | Internet: fea@ornl.gov | F | N |
> | P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
> | Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |

Gott nytt år!

							MartinS