mta suggestions?

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to unix mail systems, so perhaps
someone can help me out. I need to have aliases on the system
that are the same username, but a different domain, eg
orders@x.com, orders@y.org. The difficult part is that I need these
two to be sent to different domains. I posted to comp.mail.smail about
it, but received only one "me too" message; everybody else seems to
be more interesting in arguing smail vs sendmail vs qmail vs exim.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this? Either another MTA (eg sendmail),
or how to do it with smail? I'd prefer to stick with smail as possible,
since I understand it to some extent, and have UUCP working with that
already.

A look at /etc/smail/directors makes me think adding domain
information to that file, as in the routers/transports files
wouldn't work. Something else along these lines?

hamish